Dear Pediatrics of Arlington Families,
Our nation is currently facing one of the most challenging times in our history. The COVID-19 pandemic has altered the lives of every one of us. One thing that has not changed is Pediatrics of Arlington’s (PofA) continued commitment to you and your family. PofA wants to assure you that the health and safety of your family are our top priorities.
We understand you may have questions about your child’s health and how to access care. As usual, please check our website regularly, as we will continue to provide up-to-date information on the site. This message contains important details on how to schedule an appointment, the best way to contact our office, and more.
- Pediatrics of Arlington is open and ready to see patients.
- Please call our main office number – 703-522-7300 – to schedule any appointment or ask questions.
- Well visits are currently being scheduled in the morning with designated exam rooms that will remain as well exam rooms.
- All sick visits will be screened via telephone by our providers (nurse or doctor). At this time, our walk-in hours are suspended. We are seeing sick visits as needed in the afternoon and often in your car.
- All patients AND family members are being screened when they arrive to the office, regardless of visit type, and are then brought back immediately to an exam room.
PofA is offering telemedicine for many visits – an easy way to see one of the providers using your tablet or desktop computer. Please call our main office number to see if your questions/issues qualify for a telemedicine visit. If so, a visit time will be scheduled for you to meet virtually with one of the pediatricians. We will send you a consent form before the visit that you can email back to us.
COMMITMENT TO PATIENT SAFETY
Pediatrics of Arlington has standard protocols in place for any infectious disease, including COVID-19. We continue to follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , AAP, and local and state health officials. All of these steps will protect you, your children, other patients, and our office team members. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Every PofA team member will be wearing a mask and practicing safe steps during your office visit.
- We continue “deep cleanings” during the day and nightly within the office.
- Designated exam rooms will remain as well exam rooms throughout the day
- Every patient and family member entering our office will be screened for health and travel history, regardless of visit type.
- All patients and family members who come to our office must wear masks or face coverings (eg. bandanas, scarves, etc.).
- For children 2 years and younger, alternative coverings such as a blanket over the carrier or stroller are recommended.
GUESTS ACCOMPANYING PATIENTS TO APPOINTMENTS
- Only one adult (18 and older, parent or caregiver) should accompany your child to their appointment.
- Please do not bring other children or family members to the appointment.
Again, please visit the Pediatrics of Arlington website regularly for more information and updates.
We are grateful for our dedicated office staff as they help us provide ongoing, safe care for your children. We would like to personally thank you for choosing PofA as your primary pediatric practice. It is an honor and privilege to work with you especially during these unprecedented, ever-evolving turbulent times. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help guide and support you and your family.
Your Doctors at PofA
Mary Garrett, Cathy Lischwe, Nancy Kim, Alison Pease, Sarah Hesselmann, Andrew Wu, and Anjali Modi